How to prepare for a distance session from the comfort of your home or private healing space–where ever that may be and what to do after a session:
- No alcohol or drugs (any kind) 24 hours prior to your session.
- Drink plenty of water
- Create a peaceful environment, whether is inside or outside, make it as comfortable for you as possible and free from distractions. Blankets, pillows and cushions are helpful. You may want to light candles, diffuse essential oils or play soft music. Some suggested listening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8nCvpFEIz8 or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmvMc7TZn0&t=1674s or relaxing music of your choice.
- 10-15 minutes before your scheduled session, sit, or lie comfortably, and make sure you won’t be too cold. Close your eyes and take several deep, slow breaths to relax. Tell your chatty mind that it is not needed right now. No-one needs you right now, you have no-where else to be, just here.
- Bring your focus to the sounds around you, if thoughts or questions or ideas come into your mind, just let them be there, and then let them go. Don’t latch on and go down those paths. If you feel your attention wander, just return to following your breath in and out.
- State your intention to receive the healing energy being sent your way and that you receive the healing you need. You may say something like “I give myself permission to receive whatever healing I need that is being sent to me”
Devote this time just to you.
That is all you need to do. Forget concepts of time according to the clock, your time zone in the world, and your current physical location. Just trust that whatever you need, is coming to you right now, at the perfect time for you. This may seem a bit hard to believe, but suspend any doubts and skepticism for this time. Have an open mind and heart. I will begin to work on you right about your session time.
What to expect in a healing session:
Energy work affects everyone differently. Most people report feeling a sense of lightness after a session. Some people experience tingles to various parts of the body, others feel waves of emotion. Your body is adjusting and releasing as your mind and spirit reconcile the shifts and changes made from within. Some people just feel very relaxed. If you fall asleep during a session, it’s ok. Our bodies do their best healing when they are completely relaxed and our conscious mind is not interfering with the healing process. Whatever you experience, know that it is the right experience for you.
What to do after a session: Self love! I always encourage my clients to nurture themselves after any type of energy or body work. Your body will be processing just as much as your mind and spirit so it is important to treat it well. (Your body may continue to make shifts and corrections for up to 72 hours after a session. So please nurture yourself.)
- Drink at least 16 oz of water
- If you feel sleepy, then honor your body and sleep.
- For at least 24 hours after a session, eat clean, light foods like fresh fruits and vegetables or broth soups.
- Avoid drugs (any type) and alcohol
- No strenuous activities–any activity that would make you strain muscles or make you sweat.
- Take an Epsom salt bath.
- It’s ok to drink lemon water or hot herbal teas,
- Be gentle on your body
If you have any questions or concerns after your session, please text or email me. I typically have back to back sessions so I may not get to your message until later in the evening. Thank you for your patience.
With Love, Light & Gratitude,